Sunday, April 18, 2010

New Yoooooooorrrrk!

Ah, it's happening again! This habit of beginning something and finding absolutely no time to continue it/following through. It is time to resurrect this blog once more and post a quick entry about a recent trip to I took to New York with Bryan shortly after I returned from my travels overseas.

In terms of traveling with another person or group, I often find myself challenged with the idea of compatibility and judgement. Thankfully, in the past few trips I have made out of the country and state, I've been lucky enough to be paired/grouped with people whom I can ACTUALLY travel with. Last summer, I went to Japan with some good friends, Jenny, Frank, Nar & Bryan. Just recently, with Lara overseas and to New York with Bryan. Finding the appropriate people whom you can travel with is essential to your overall experience away from home. I seriously would not be able to survive with people who are constantly negative or time maximizers (i.e. non stop and smell the roses people-- it is so important to live in the moment at all times)

With this trip to New York, Bryan and I didn't exhaust ourselves by crunching every minute of our time doing something, I felt like the New York environment filled those passing moments we weren't seeing something monumental--- it was Bryan's first time anyway and I'd been there 2 times already before, just being with him for the first time was enough for me.

Here are just a few highlights from our trip:
  • Watched a Broadway musical, Wicked
  • Times Square wandering
  • Eating the best Artichoke pizza!
  • Max Brenner's restaurant
  • Serendipity
  • SoHo Shopping
  • Drinking out of a 1ltr glass boot & Bryan out of a 2 ltr, which btw I had to pay a $60 deposit on because previous customers were constantly breaking these finely crafted boots!
  • New York MOMA Tim Burton exhibit (this man is a genius!)
  • JFK passtiming
  • People watching
  • Resisting relentless weather
  • Metro riding
  • Falling in love with the energy here
  • Enjoying my time with Bryan
There is seriously an abundant amount of things to do in New York, not just one weekend or a few days would suffice all your aspirations to see what a typical New Yorker would experience and everything it has to offer. A trip back in autumn or mid spring would be amazing, for the reason that the weather would cooperate much better and just the excitement of being outdoors. The rain was absolutely relentless during this time of year that we went; it was pouring 2 out of the 4 days we were there. I could not believe it!

One moment I can vividly remember as I was people watching was when both vision and audio of the live film I was viewing before my eyes immediately transformed into a silent film.... watching people pass, tourists taking pictures of one another, runners jogging past, pets obediently walking through large crowds, business drones walking steadfast through the hustle and Bryan recording Times Square's electricity. It was one of those moments where I felt entirely touched to be somewhere, feeding off the air and feel absolutely elated to be living in that exact moment. I now understand why they made that shirt, I Love New York.

Anyway, sorry for the dry blog update...I'm trying to get back into writing again and let me tell you, it's quite a challenge. I'll try to progressively give more life into this blog. I think I'll keep this thing, after all...

Here are some pictures for you to enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment