Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunny days in Hawaii

Over the past few days, we have been relaxing at Diana's house, finding ways to entertain ourselves while Diana leaves us to go to class. She feels guilty, but it's surprisingly become an art form to just wait these days. Totally used to it by ways of our SE Asia/Pacific travel experiences. We've kept ourselves preoccupied by watching movies, writing, reading (By the way, I definitely recommend a book by Bell Hooks, All About Love: New Visions to anyone and everyone) and exercising. I've definitely taken pleasure in running near the beach here and throughout the neighborhood, taking time to small talk with Diana's neighbors, petting their cute puppies and most importantly watching the grand view of the sun setting-- total postcard image! I cannot be any happier sweating off calories!

Ah, life is good. =)

This week, Diana took us to a man-made lagoon located in Ko'Olina, beautifully located on the perimeter of several resorts and golf courses. I couldn't help but revel once again in the beauty of these tropical places!



Overlooking the Pacific

The blue lagoon!

Enjoying our "beach" day

Testing out my camera to get the perfect picture... haha

My models

Hawaii weather is amazing! I personally believe weather holds a significant factor in our personal measures for happiness. In my short stay here, I already sense amiable qualities in people. People are really friendly and actually stop to talk to you. The other day, when we were at North Shore, I couldn't help but feel moved that people were so nice to us (I'll post updates on our trip there in a bit!). What happened to people being genuinely friendly without the assumption of them having any ill intention in that very gesture? Or why have we become so jaded a community that by very the act of someone being nice to us is utterly surprising? I guess the walls built by our egos nurtured by our mainstream culture have been subtly destructive in creating this idea that introverted personalities are safe and superior. I am making it a personal goal to myself to be friendlier influenced by the lifestyle here.

I'm bringing friendliness back. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment