Sunday, February 21, 2010

Lara's Birthday

On Friday, Diana took the liberty in planning Lara's birthday celebration at a local lounge-- our first official night out experiencing Hawaii's "night life".

Happy Birthday, Lara!
Totally love my self-timer! And you guessed it folks, we "dressed up" for this occasion.

We began the night reveling in Happy Hour specials that included $5 martini's and $5 appetizers! I didn't take any pictures of our food since we scarfed them down so quickly. I will tell you this though, I am beginning to enjoy Poke very much! Sorry, I am way late on this Hawaiian food deal... I'm still learning about the culture and their cuisine here!

Pearl (not to be confused with the night club located in downtown San Jose)
Probably the swankiest places I've been to throughout this entire trip!
Going out in Hawaii was actually quite different compared to back home. For one thing, the club/lounges/bars are not located in the mall.

Our delicious drinks served by a disgruntled waitress. Ugh, how annoying.

Pictures from our night:


Lara rationalizing why she shouldn't take a shot of Patron on her birthday

and failed...

After Pearl, we headed upstairs to another bar/lounge called Mai Tai's where a live reggae band was playing. The ambiance was more local and not to mention, way more welcoming than I'd expected. People are so nice here.


Working female magic that we are always so impressed by, we managed to score 2 pitchers of beer here. The cringe-worthy compromise however, ensued by unwritten female etiquette (or wait, is that just guilt?).

Lol, one of our pitcher-givers. This guy made sure to give his "obligatory" love all around.

Responding to our drunken stupors, Zippy's fast food restaurant helped ease our midnight munchies.

The night was actually pretty fun. I'm usually sold by any sound of live music, especially when they cover Sublime's "Caress me down" so well! I'm beginning to enjoy the Hawaiian lifestyle. Hope you had a great birthday, Lara!

Mahalo, Hawaii

No comments:

Post a Comment