Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's in Hawaii

Greetings from the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii!

After a fantastic flight with Hawaiian air, I was definitely under the impression that my stay in Hawaii will be a great one. I love boarding the planes and instantly hearing the country's accent or seeing resplendent steward/ess uniforms similar to their traditional dress or cultural fabrics. Lara and I were really excited about this flight because of their complimentary alcoholic beverages, Lara more excited than me by exclaiming "I'm about to get me some free wine!" hella loud. I love flying with good food and drinks served. =)

My friend and Lara's best friend, Diana is currently living in here working on her PhD at University of Hawaii in American studies. I'm so thankful that she's invited us to stay with her for the time being. It's been awhile since she's been back home and I saw that she was so ecstatic to see us. (Thanks, Diana for the orchid leis! That was a really sweet greeting.)

The vibe here in Hawaii is sensationally relaxing. I love it! I also love how much of a breeze it was going through customs and everyone's friendly mannerisms here. It kinda feels like I'm in a foreign country still though.

Today is Valentine's day! As much as I love seeing cute Valentine's day goodies on the shelves and highlighting the gesture of love and romance, it STILL was another holiday's spirit that I did not feel once again. Help! I'm getting numb! Maybe it's because I need to be around my friends and loved ones.

We spent today watching the movie Valentine's Day, eating lots and lots of chocolate, and drinking some delicious wine paired with pasta. It couldn't get any better than that. Oooh! And just a recommendation, see the movie. I teared quite a bit towards the end. Don't be fooled by the cutesy theme in the movie, all types of love are shown here, maybe that's why I love it so much.

Thanks Daniel (Diana's bf) for the goodies, we all loved them

The tiramisu was delicious, good job Diana!

Hope you and yours had a magical day full of romance and love-- even though it should be reflected every day ;).

Here's a song that I love hearing when I feel in love, dedicated to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment