Tuesday, February 23, 2010

North Shore Treasures

If you look closely into the depth of field of this picture, you will see the beautiful Pacific Ocean.

Last week, Diana put her tour guide hat on and took us through the beautiful area of North Shore. The drive was spectacular. We drove passed pineapple plantations, fields and fields of crops, both native and foreign trees to Hawaii and vibrant red, pink and yellow Hibiscus bushes. It feels like the awakening of my senses every time I sit through different forms of transport all throughout this trip. I have so much appreciation for nature and feeling connected to these tranquil moments that they effortlessly influence.

Perfectly greeted by acres and acres of plantations, we made our first stop at the Dole Plantation. The inside of the plantation presented various sites to give the outsider a quick insight on how plantations "actually look" and information about different types of pineapple grown all over the tropical regions of the world. I wasn't fully convinced about the production of this plantation specifically since there wasn't much background given about the work done to harvest the fruit or the people doing it. Ont he flip side, I must admit that I am impressed that the plantation was well manicured, has tons of tasty novelty snacks at their store and boasts the largest maze in the world in the shape of a--- you guessed it-- a pineapple!

Some pictures:

So happy that I could say that I've been to every single one of these places!

Looks like a Troll

I love that this lady who insisted that her husband take this photo because he's a photographer took it waaayyy off-centered. Good thing Photoscape helped fix it for me.

The only person who I know has as many coy fish as this is Danny's grampa. These coys were so huge! Famished and violent, they were literally dog piling (coy piling?) over each other

And now, my favorite part of the day!
Diana and Lara's brother Jonas spoke very highly of a magical shrimp truck tucked away in a trailer park somewhere in North Shore, a truck the "average" person would not immediately prefer based on appearances. Following vague written driven directions, Diana luckily found an area where 3 food trucks were parked in. I decided to try out the shrimp pineapple and luckily came out hive-free!

Shrimp is so good!
And they de-vein and peel it, too!

Lastly, we wrapped up our day with beach visitations to Sunset Beach and another beach I forgot to ask the name of. Today was a good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment