Sunday, February 28, 2010

Post-tsunami weather sucks

What in the world? IS THIS WINTER I'M WITNESSING?

Today, I woke up to a thick white-- and blinding overcast with occasional showers. I think this is the beginning to my "winter" that I so cleverly escaped from these past months.

Diana and I went out today to have breakfast at this place called Boots & Kimo where they're famous for their macadamian nut syrup. I was actually very impressed and kind of disappointed! After finishing the short stack of banana pancakes with that syrup on it, I decided that I should bring some back home but sadly found out that they don't sell it! Of course they wouldn't sell such a divine topping to the masses-- it's their secret recipe!

Yummmmmy pancakes that Diana swears has crack in it!

Before breakfast, we headed over to the other side of the island where highway 3 takes us through a beautiful coastal and tropical view of the island. Diana suggested we see a look out point called Pali. Pretty, breath-taking and all sorts of awe. The wind, however was another story. We literally felt like our flip flop were going to fly away, but luckily I clenched my toesies. Haha.

The drive up to the look out point

Pali look-out point.
History: It was here in 1795 that King Kamehameha and his warriors defeated the O’ahu armies by sending them over these steep, forested cliffs and claiming his victory and uniting the Hawaiian Islands.



The day was pretty relaxing. I spent majority of it napping and finally beginning to pack up my things. I leave tomorrow night at 11p.m. and will be in San Jose about 12 a.m.

I'm still trying to psyche myself into believing this is it. This is the end of the 5 months of traveling throughout SE Asia and the Pacific. I don't even want to begin with a reflection because I might start crying right now... and Diana's right in front of me doing her homework. She'd probably think I'm being premenstrual right now. Haha.

Anyway, if you guys asked for me to bring any goodies for you, expect for them to be in! You better get them early or else I'll eat all of the ahi poke you asked me to bring you. And I will also eat those macadamian chocolates as well with no effort at all.

Alright, I'm signing out for now. And advanced apologies for abrupt withdrawals from everything. I'll explain why later...

Till then, folks!

1 comment:

  1. omg you are going home?! I feel like you are leaving me even though I only saw you for dinner once... I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete