Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Baguio Family

This is only a fraction of my family is Baguio.

Over the past few days, they have opened their arms to me and made me feel so at home to the utmost extent that I could ask for. It's been a great 4 days here and I am very thankful that I've been able to spend these rare moments together with them.

It surprises me every time I visit to see how much has changed over the years, to see the newly built houses or new developments in the Philippines but more importantly how different and grown my family looks. This time, I came home to new houses nieces and nephews and newly shed white hair (ohp! getting older... aunties and uncles ;] ) It amazes me how fast time flies these days, that the people who helped raised you are now the ones you're helping take care of.

During my stay here has helped me learn about my family tremendously. After being around them for these few days, I can see how much we resemble one another even down to specific characteristics and mannerisms and it solidifies the relationships we have with one another. I love hearing their stories told by my uncles about how they grew up and what crazy things my dad used to do when he was younger. I especially love listening to my nieces and nephews laugh while they're playing with each other.. ah, even hearing the little kids speak tagalog to one another makes me smile cause it is so cute! This environment makes me miss having family around and I couldn't ask for a better time during this trip to be with these people.

My Grandmother and a few of her children, Uncle Abe, Auntie Abbit and Uncle Ferdz



The kiddies


Little Lindsay


Cousins

Thank you, Aspuria family for everything. Though, at times we were lost in translation, I'm still very happy that we can transcend the language barrier and be able to communicate. I want you all to know that I love you very much and cannot thank you enough for the hospitality throughout these days. I had an amazing time spending my last few days in the Philippines with you all.

I'll see you next year for the reunion! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment